Wendy Weiger, Author of the upcoming book, Heaven Beneath Our Feet: Finding God and Healing in the Wild
- If we open our eyes and our hearts, we see miracles all around us in nature.
- An intimate relationship with nature heals us on multiple levels. Physical. Emotional. Spiritual.
- We humans—along with every bird, every tree, every animal—are part of a vast and sacred web of life that sustains us all.
- But we’re unraveling the web. We’ve been spending nature’s wealth as though it had no end. And we may doom half of Earth’s species to extinction over the next hundred years.
- If that happens, we will undermine the future of humanity in ways we’re only beginning to understand.
- To save the wild is to save ourselves.
- Time is growing short. Will we let the miracles we hold in our hands slip through our fingers?
Read a brief excerpt, Vision Quest, as published in Down East magazine. (pdf version)
View a slideshow of my photos, offered by the Natural Resources Council of Maine (please note that, in full-screen mode, the captions display better in Internet Explorer than in Google Chrome) click here.
For more information on my background and workDOWNLOAD MY CV
Follow my Maine Woods Adventures on Facebook MY FACEBOOK PAGE